Saturday, February 11, 2012

Weeks 2 and 3

Rich, fatty foods are like destiny: they too, shape our ends. ~Author Unknown~

Weekly Goals: 1500 calories, 33-50g fat, 100 minutes of exercise

In week 1, I averaged 1500 calories and 50g fat, but didn't meet the 100 minute exercise goal by 7 minutes. I weighed in at 207.8 on 1/31, a 3 lb loss since last weigh-in.

In week 2, I encountered a few challenges: homemade sushi, an early valentine's day meal, and a super bowl party. Given all the extra foods I averaged 1650 and a little high on fat too. Since I knew the calories were going to be higher, I did two hikes over the weekend and got in 260 minutes of exercise to help offset the food. On the super bowl day, I kept my calorie count way low throughout the day too. I weighed in at 206.4 on 2/7, a 1.2 lb loss since last weigh-in. It had been a little lower before the super bowl happened.

In the weekly meeting, the IDEA people told my group that we were part of the "enhanced" group. That means I'm going to be a part of the group that gets customized text messages and has to wear the BodyMedia Fit armband. However, those interventions will start after the first 6 months are over.

So here's what I learned so far...
  • California Rolls are easy to make and equally easy to snack on too. 
  • Weight Watchers Stuffed Peppers are delicious, nutritious, and only 300 calories.
  • Whiskey has 65 calories per ounce.
  • IPA beers have 220 calories, Pale ales have 120. PBR has 150!
  • Arnolds Pocket Thins Pita is only 100 calories like the Deli Flats I typically use it.  I like sandwiches for lunch, but not eating 200 calories only from bread.
  • If I don't go back and eat seconds, then I hit 1500 calories without having to change too much of what I already eat.
  • My scale isn't 2.5 lbs over like I always thought.  It's actually pretty accurate. Doh!
  • MyFitnessPal is really easy to use.
  • The first 5 lbs of weight loss if primarily water weight.
  • You CAN eat out, but you have to eat about a third of the portion sizes to keep your calories where you need to be.
  • I can cut out pop, but it's still good to have once in a while.
  • Cold water fish has more calories and cholesterol than I ever realized.
  • You can drop 1 lb overnight.  Just donate blood, but don't expect to exercise without almost fainting.




No comments:

Post a Comment