Friday, January 13, 2012

Kurt Makes a Resolution

A resolution to avoid an evil is seldom framed till the evil is so far advanced as to make avoidance impossible.
- Thomas Hardy


While this is a blog about the IDEA research study and my experiences and suggestions along the way. My #1 resolution is not the IDEA program.  This year, I deviated from my usual formula because the first two resolutions were just too important (and timely) to not make.

So I've made my 2012 Resolution(s):
  1. Marry the girl of my dreams
  2. Have an incredible honeymoon
  3. Do the IDEA research study
Sorry IDEA research study.  #1 and #2 are way better and more important resolutions.

But back to resolution #3.... Resolution #3 was born out of last year's resolution.  Without getting my cholesterol checked, I'd have never considered this study.  My hope is that since my cholesterol was only borderline high, I can avoid the reference to evil in Mr. Hardy's quote.

So you may have made your resolutions already, but you may want to add one more if you are overdue for a physical and cholesterol check. Each year, I try to include the resolutions from prior years.  I don't succeed every time, but I'll be curious to see how this year's numbers compare against last year's numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment